Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethemovie

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Macfriends,

I bought a Macbook last week.. I backed up my macbook pro using time machine.. It went all pretty smooth.. I did a OSX reinstall using the full restore time machine option.. After completing it went dead.. It asked for a restart, but now it starts rebooting every single time.. The apple logo wont even appear.. It reboots every 6 seconds..

Any ideas on the problem? Does it have anything to do that the new macbook is using the different version of OSX then my early macbook pro? Im desperate.. Cos my macbook pro is about to get sold and i want to keep my data.. Thx!

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Macfriends,

I bought a Macbook last week.. I backed up my macbook pro using time machine.. It went all pretty smooth.. I did a OSX reinstall using the full restore time machine option.. After completing it went dead.. It asked for a restart, but now it starts rebooting every single time.. The apple logo wont even appear.. It reboots every 6 seconds..

Any ideas on the problem? Does it have anything to do that the new macbook is using the different version of OSX then my early macbook pro? Im desperate.. Cos my macbook pro is about to get sold and i want to keep my data.. Thx!

Yes, the new Macbooks have a different version of Leopard than your old Macbook Pro. I hate to tell you this, but you might just need to drag and drop from the external. Or you could wait for a software update (ie 10.5.6) and just install it on both machines and then try.
In terms of being able to use your new Macbook, just re-install Leopard WITHOUT the external HD from your Install Disk 1 that came with your NEW macbook, not the old ones. Hope it works for ya :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.