Timer+

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by DrakeRavensmith, Jun 6, 2018.

1. DrakeRavensmith macrumors newbie

DrakeRavensmith

I had a funny predicament a few days ago. I put a pizza in the oven, set a timer with the Timer+ app, sat down, and passed right out. About 19 minutes after the timer went off, I woke up, pulled the charred pizza out of the oven, tossed it, and put a fresh pie in. I figured that I didn't actually use the Timer+ app on my watch so I would just delete it and let the phone scream at me in the future. It didn't work. My watch still trills quietly at me when the timer goes off. Is there anyway I can turn this off? It seems odd to me that my watch is still quieting my phone to announce itself when I no longer have that app on it.

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Err, so, what did you use in place of Timer+? Was it the stock timer app? How did you set the timer?

If I use the iPhone Clock app, and set a timer, both my iPhone and watch alarm at the end time. The iPhone alarms with whatever sound is assigned to the timer, and ignores the setting of the mute switch. You may need to check that your volume is turned up, as I think you can turn the volume down for a quieter alarm. (On iOS 11.3, watchOS 4.3)

3. DrakeRavensmith thread starter macrumors newbie

DrakeRavensmith

I set the Timer+ app on the phone. Which is why I figured it'd be fine to just delete the app off the watch. I started using it because the stock apple timer didn't have a seconds setting at the time. I continued using it because it stores the timers you use the same way the stock app stores your alarms. I suppose I'll just have to make due with the Apple one for now.