Timing issue...need help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JazzMan10, May 29, 2006.

  1. JazzMan10 macrumors newbie

    May 29, 2006
    Ok so i am going off to college august 31. I need a laptop. Its going to be a MacBook Pro. This is going to be my first mac and i am very excited. Given the recent speed bump i would just go and order one so i can get used to OS X over the summer, but then i started reading about the new Merom/Core 2 Duo coming out in August.

    Using your best deductive reasoning, how soon can we expect to see the new processors in MacBook Pros?

    If they are released at WWDC August 7-11 will they ship by the end of August or the first 2 weeks of sept?

    Normally i would say screw it, its a nominal benifit for waiting, but i realize this will most likely be my only laptop (i have a custom build AMD X2 i may also bring with me to college) for 4 long years so it needs to be able to handle upgrades to 64bit software/operating systems (leopard?)

    So i really dont NEED a laptop till the very end of august. Whats my best bet!?

  2. TallShaffer macrumors member

    Apr 14, 2006
    Sounds like you already have an awesome computer, so I think you should wait if you want to get four years out of this puppy; wait til the last minute possible for that reason alone.
  3. skubish macrumors 68030


    Feb 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Wait. Apple will probably have a deal in the summer for a free iPod or something.
  4. JazzMan10 thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 29, 2006
    Bumpity Bump...sorry this is like the 20000th post on this topic but i know how you guys like to speculate...

Share This Page