iPad mini Tiny bit of light bleed iPad Mini Retina

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BNHabs, Nov 22, 2013.

1. BNHabs macrumors regular

Does anyone else have a tiny bit of light bleed in the bottom left corner if you turn on the screen to 100% brightness on a black background in a dark room?

Is this considered normal or defective?

My whites are pretty good, don't see much yellow at all if anything.

2. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

I have a perfect screen. But it sounds like you need to exchange yours for a new one.

3. l0gikb0mb macrumors regular

To my surprise, the iPad Mini Retina I got was perfectly uniform screen. Backlight is perfect too.

But the nice big speck of dust trapped under the screen & image retention makes it a no go. :(

4. dL. macrumors 6502

Mine has a bit of bleed. Keeping it since my screen is as uniformed as you can get and no yellowing.

dL

5. doboy macrumors 68000

If you only notice it in that kind of condition then I wouldn't exchange it. You may get something far worse. I haven't even bothered checking it on my rMini, but I do have some light bleeds on my iPad 3. However, never bothered exchanging it since I would never abuse my eyes by looking at my screen at 100% brightness in a dark room.;)

6. jpesci macrumors newbie

I am on my second iPad mini Retina Display. I purchased the first one back in February and bought the AppleCare+. The issue sounds exactly like what you have experienced. A bleed in the lower left corner and I can see it without the brightness being turned up to 100%. Now granted this is mostly due to the fact that I am reading iBooks in Night mode in a dark bedroom. I tried to live with it but for $400 I expect better. For chrissake my iPhone 5S doesn't have the issue.

I called support and they have always been extremely helpful. They shipped out a replacement and guess what? The issue is even worse. :mad: So annoying. Went online and chatted with support yesterday and the third device is on it's way to me. I explained that it was unacceptable that they can't resolve what seems to be a simple quality control issue. Fingers crossed that the third time really is a charm.

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

My Air also has lightbleed in the lower left corner of the screen. I decided to keep it as it's only visible watching a video with black borders and the brightness has to be over 60%.