Tiny black stain at top left corner of screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by normaneu15, Mar 1, 2016.

1. normaneu15 macrumors newbie

normaneu15

Hi, I have a Iphone 6 plus. I notice that there is a tiny black stain at the top left corner of the screen, but not sure what is it. Do anyone have any solutions to fix it? Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

I have the same issue on mine. No idea how to fix either... ☹️

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Taking it to an Apple Store and getting either the screen replaced or the phone replaced is probably your only options.

4. mustu macrumors 6502

well that corner is problematic in the first place... I have had some issue with that side as well. Its funny its not there in a phone out of the box but it comes in later on.... not sure that is under that area.

I am sure apple would know about it but 70% of the users would not even notice it due to it being a small issue.

I would love to get in touch with the apple hardware guys one days and show them

5. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

It's a backlight issue. Take to store and it'll get fixed/replaced for free if it's within warranty.

6. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Ah, the Backlight - one of the most inconsistently manufactured parts and arguably the weakest component in an otherwise top notch Smartphone.

7. Adriano73 macrumors newbie

Adriano73

My solution would be a dark wallpaper and try to forget about it

8. nickelro macrumors member

Few days ago, out of the blue, my 6s+ (bought in October) also developed a darker grey little shadow in the exact same corner. It's not visible on pure white / black / solid color backgrounds, but I can clearly spot it in the corner of dock bar's grey area if I turn the phone clockwise / horizontally and have the home screen in landscape mode. Probably a backlight issue rather than a software one. I remember seeing something similar at my old 6 last year. Screen quality is not what it used to be anymore unfortunately...

9. chrisu91 macrumors regular

The same issue happened to my iPhone 6s. Got the screen replaced for free under warranty.