Tiny blue dot on Screen? How to get rid of it? edit: Stuck pixel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SethRogen, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SethRogen, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

SethRogen macrumors 6502

15 inch, less than a month old, new Macbook Pro.

I noticed while watching a show on iTunes that there is a VERY VERY tiny blue dot that stands out. I never noticed it before, but it must have been there since the beginning or maybe recent?

It's small, so you really don't notice these things. It stands out more obviously when it comes in contact with black.

I have an antiglare screen btw.

Look. With all the little upgrades, I payed over $3000 for my Macbook Pro (I went all out on it lol), so that blue dot really bothers me.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or how to fix/get rid of it?

Here's a picture, the blue dot actually looks a bit bigger than it does in person.

It just stands out and really bothers me... :(

[​IMG]

2. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually this is called a stuck pixel? Right?

3. prisstratton, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton

Yes, it is a stuck or dead pixel. You can always ask Apple and see if they will do something about it, but don't hold your breath on that one. Most manufacturers will not do anything unless there are a certain number of dead pixels. I know how you feel, it would annoy me.

Actually it is a stuck pixel not a dead pixel. There are some ways to fix this, just Google "fix stuck pixel". Good luck.

4. hotgrease macrumors regular

Try rubbing the screen over the dot with your finger wrapped in a cloth. That has worked for me - but proceed at your own risk!

5. VMMan macrumors 6502a

If you're not an attractive female, then I would ask the most attractive female friend you have to accompany you to the Apple store while you plead your case to a typically male Genius for a repair or replacement.

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I fully understand that this bothers you.

If you are in the US, you can give it back and order a new one. Apple gives an extended holiday return policy:

You could ask for a repair, but I'm not sure if they will go through with it, since one dead pixel is usually not considered a defect. Since it's a built to order model, they can't just replace it in store...

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

8. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

i had a stuck pixcel on my lcd tv and fixed by placing a soft cloth over finger tip and rubbing over it.... it didn't release until i gave it a bit of pressure, but then was gone.