Tiny dinge on new MacBook Air lid

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bingefeller, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bingefeller macrumors 6502

I just noticed there is a tiny dinge on my new MacBook Air's lid. The machine itself is perfect and functions well, but just wondering if I should inform Apple as it would have come with this.

2. Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela

I don't know what Apple's new purchase customer satisfaction policy is in Northern Ireland, but it's really up to you to decide whether or not you want to live with it as it is not functional damage.

Since you didn't bother to attach a photo, there's no way for any of us here to assess the ding.

Personally, I'd probably try to get them to replace it. I tend to keep my Macs for many years, so I'd might as well start with something pristine. But that's just me...

3. bingefeller thread starter macrumors 6502

I have all my programmes installed on it with personal data, that's the only thing about replacing it....

Well, here is a picture.

[​IMG]

4. Dsching Suspended

Dsching

5. Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela

It's a shame you didn't notice it before you started configuring and personalizing the system.

I'm not sure I can see anything wrong, maybe there's a slight indentation. It almost looks like a smudge. But my eyes aren't good, the photo is not great, and my MacBook Air's screen is small.

Anyhow, it's totally your call. It's your property and you will live with it, not us.