Tiny laptop has bigger resolution than big ones

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBX, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

2. akbc macrumors 6502

If you need high resolution... do you do photography and photoshop and such?
    If so, that thing won't run anything!

I honestly LOVE the new P series from Sony, but you got to note that it's very wide, and the resolution might seem a little awkward from time to time.

Besides, 8inch screen with such high resolution might cause uncomfortable sensations to your eyes.

I agree that MBPro 15" should offer a higher resolution option, but for MBair? I don't think so.

3. LinMac macrumors 65816

Not to be a downer, but you take what you get with Apple.

Sony built a neat little device, but it has two flaws:

1) It will be very expensive. It has Sony attached so you know it will be. Apple products carry that same type of problem.

2) No trackpad.

I can use a mouse with it, but come on..

4. the mac geek macrumors member

If we are talking about resolution, the MBP has more pixels:

1600x800 = 1,280,000 pixels
    1440x900 = 1,296,000 pixels

So no, it does not have more resolution.

If we are talking about pixel density, yes, the density is higher on the Sony.

And if you want me to tell you why, I guess it has that screen because someone made it and Sony decided to use it. If you are asking why Apple does not offer a higher res option, I have no idea nor does anyone else here.

5. RKpro macrumors 6502

The sony P isn't a laptop. It's an overpriced "netbook", I call them legtops, because I've got the Asus Eee, and I know what its like.

I've seen 15.4inch laptops from Asus (i think), with 1980*1200 resolution, but even on the 15inch I think it would be too dense. Most laptops with this screen size come with 1280x800, but thats too low. 1440x900 is easy on the eyes and shows enough detail IMO.