Tiny Screws In 13 in MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bulldog3777, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Replaced my RAM in the 13 in MBP and in doing so lost two of the tiny short screws. They fell on the floor and we have searched. Got any ideas where you can find this tiny screw for sale or maybe what number it is?

2. sj101 macrumors newbie

3. solarein macrumors regular

Maybe you can get a high powered magnet and just go through your entire floor?

4. yotd macrumors member

My Powerbook (2005ish I think) has had screws falling out of it for years. I've never unscrewed them, they've just somehow unscrewed themselves. My machine's still working fine...

5. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

6. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Just try to put your current ones in a balanced position and live with it, I think it's hard to find them somewhere

7. Bulldog3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

MBP Screws

I put the 8 I have in a balanced position. Also I have the orange MBP case from the Apple Store. I have a difficult time ordering a set of screws for $29 that I don't know will work.

Thanks for the answers.

8. BlindGoldfish macrumors regular

You could try the "vacuum with a legging over the tip" trick. I'll stop all the big pieces from getting sucked up.

9. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

Oh and heres a good future tip whenever working with tiny screws like this. First have a large white towel covering your work space, it will keep screws from bouncing to the floor and it provides good contrast. Also work on light colored floors, and stay away from thick carpet (of course). The problem with working on carpet is it is easy to kick the screw and not know it because you can't hear it like on hard flooring.

10. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Turn off all the lights, take a flashlight and see if you can get a reflection from the screws

Pantyhose over the vacuum trick.

Homemade electromagnet?