Tiny speck of dust under camera lens (5S)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnnyIOS, Oct 7, 2013.

1. JohnnyIOS macrumors member

Should I bother exchanging it? I have AppleCare+ (2/2 incidents) but I know this will not affect AppleCare+ incidents. The speck is very small, in between the sapphire lens cover and the lens. I just got the phone today (brand new factory sealed box) and they will probably give me a refurbished one instead... I have bad experience with refurbs (dirt under buttons, scratches, etc.) :(:rolleyes:

2. richard371 macrumors 68000

Take some photos of the blue sky on a bright day and see if you can notice it on the computer. If not don't worry about it. If so or if it gets worse then replace it. I had this issue with my original 5 that kept accumulating dust and it kept getting worse and worse so I replaced it. For 6 months the replacement never got any dust.

3. D3TSURA macrumors member

The white box replacements are not refurbs yet, they are brand new iPhones. If you purchased it from Apple, your within 30 days so if you wanted to you could take your iPhone (with box and accessories) and do an exchange if they have your model in stock.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i had this issue with my 5 when it came out, as did many others (search, there are TONS of threads on this). just bring it to apple and they will be able to clean the lens out. thats what they did for me, i was in and out in 10 mins.

5. JohnnyIOS thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks :)

6. nickelro macrumors member

So any updates (e.g what did you make of it)?