Tiny Tri-wing Screwdriver for MacBook Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SEAOFWOLVES, Dec 7, 2010.

1. SEAOFWOLVES macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm new and have searched so please be gentle :)

I am desperately trying to find the right size Tri-wing screwdriver to remove the 6 screws on the trackpad on my girlfriends MacBook 2008 Unibody (Aluminium not plastic) so I can replace it with a new one. I have searched for hours and hours, bought 4 different screwdrivers (even risking one from china) and all are too big!

If anyone here can help me I'll will be so thankful, its getting desperate now!

Thanks! :)

(P.S. I already sent the laptop to Apple to repair before but they will not do it because I spilt water on it :-S baaaaaaad mistake)

2. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

3. SEAOFWOLVES thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply, that website is where I originally found out how to replace the trackpad, I just couldn't find the tri-wing screwdriver that was used as they don't sell it but luckily....

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!
    If anyone comes across this thread with the same problem, I ended up buying two different tri-wing screwdrivers (advertised as for the Wii and DS) off of eBay, they both looked identical with a red handle but only one actually fits the screws. If your desperate to get one all I can say is buy a few different ones (they're only like £1 each) and hope you get one that fits.

Hope that helps anyone! :)