Tiny Umbrella and 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by banzai75x, Jan 3, 2012.

1. banzai75x macrumors newbie

Sorry for newbie question. I'm a bit confused. I just d/l'ed tiny umbrella to save my SHSH blobs. I was under the impression I couldn't save my 4.3.3 blobs, because Apple is currently on 5.0.1.

However, if I load Cydia, it says I have 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, and 5.0.1 blobs.

I ran Tiny and when I hit save blobs, it appears to have saved all of the versions above.

Is this because Cydia saved the blobs for me?

Does this mean I can upgrade to 5.0.1 now and later downgrade to 4.3.3 if necessary? Additionally, can I upgrade to 5.0.1 even when Apple stops signing it when/if they release the new iOS?

I am on an IPAD2 WIFI only.

Thanks for your help and clarification.

2. TriJetHero, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

I gues you initail jailbroke with jailbreakme.com on 4.3.3

If you did, indeed cydia saved your shsh's for you, including 5.01.
    On the iPad2 wifi ONLY you can indeed downgrade from 5.01 to 4+ if you have your SHSH's. For the other versions you get stuck in a loop due to BB problems.

If apple brings out 5.02 and stops signing 5.01 you might not be able to upgrade to 5.01 in the future. The upgrade might be possible in the future, at present there is no solution for the A5 chip iPad2.
    There is however a solution by notcom, its called TinyCFW, which can downgrade the GSM/CDMA version:

from the TU website:
    "You can use this ipsw with iTunes and TinyUmbrella to restore your iPad2 GSM/CDMA back to say 4.3.3 (if you have 4.3.3 SHSH).

This is a VERY initial release. I never intended on it being a massively supported tool. It's just something I used in passing. If it helps you great! This functionality will exist in far more robust form when I finally ever release TinyPwn."

I just upgraded my wifi only ipad2 to 5.01 from 4.3.3 in anticipation of the JB by Pod2g.

3. banzai75x thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I ran Jailbreakme.

Thank you very much for your info. It has helped.