Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I get the following error dialog box after running Tiny Umbrella:

"Something is wrong: You don't have admin priviliges or you have something running on Port 80 or your host files are not modifiable. Please check Anti-Virus software or shutdown Skype/teamviewer/etc as these apps block access to Port 80"

I have no anti-virus software (using Mac with Snow Leopard) and I don't have Skype installed? And I'm logged in as admin.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to use Tiny Umbrella.

cs0373

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2010
I get this too. And I'm also having a brain fart. Where do I go to turn off web sharing? I'm looking all over my system for system preferences and not finding it. I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing but would appreciate a nod in the right direction.

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I get this too. And I'm also having a brain fart. Where do I go to turn off web sharing? I'm looking all over my system for system preferences and not finding it. I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing but would appreciate a nod in the right direction.

Post #2....System Preferences>Sharing

cs0373

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2010
Post #2....System Preferences>Sharing

Thank you but I'm not finding system preferences on my computer to do that. Like I said I'm sure it's something obvious but I'm missing my coffee this morning and not functioning at 100% :)

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Thank you but I'm not finding system preferences on my computer to do that. Like I said I'm sure it's something obvious but I'm missing my coffee this morning and not functioning at 100% :)

Apps...

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Ok I must be really dense this morning. The only thing I associate with apps is my iphone apps and I know that can't be it.

Are you seriously considering jailbreaking if you don't even know where your system preferences are?

You running a Mac? If not can't help you.

If so, look for System Preferences in your Applications Folder on your dock. Or Applications in your Finder. If none of this makes any sense google Mac 101.

cs0373

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2010
Are you seriously considering jailbreaking if you don't even know where your system preferences are?

You running a Mac? If not can't help you.

If so, look for System Preferences in your Applications Folder on your dock. Or Applications in your Finder. If none of this makes any sense google Mac 101.

Well no I do not have a Mac. Perhaps that is the problem and on windows that feature is called something else. I'm running Windows 7.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well no I do not have a Mac. Perhaps that is the problem and on windows that feature is called something else. I'm running Windows 7.

Quite anything running on port 80, Skype, any IM, disable Norton Anti virus (or any anti virus you are running).

cs0373

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2010
Jesus..."missed that"....Thanks...

I do appreciate you responding however I saw the exact same error and I guess I glossed over the fact the OP was on a Mac. It didn't really register since everything was described the same on the error. Sorry to have wasted your time.

I don't have Skype or IM and disabled my anti-virus and still got the error. I'll try it again when I get home. Thank you for your help.

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I do appreciate you responding however I saw the exact same error and I guess I glossed over the fact the OP was on a Mac. It didn't really register since everything was described the same on the error. Sorry to have wasted your time.

I don't have Skype or IM and disabled my anti-virus and still got the error. I'll try it again when I get home. Thank you for your help.

Forgiven...good luck on the problem...

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

There is a way to know what is running on port 80, but honestly don't remember the command to that on windows (you may want to try google and see if you find it). But if all Fail, just edit you host file Manually to point to cydia server it will have the same effect (don't forget to change it back to what it was after you finish)

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
pasipple;11215143 "Something is wrong: You don't have admin priviliges or you have something running on Port 80 or your host files are not modifiable. Please check Anti-Virus software or shutdown Skype/teamviewer/etc as these apps block access to Port 80" [/QUOTE said:
I always get this message..but just ignore it and run thru the process and TU says my blobs are saved. Do I need to be worried? :confused:

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Well...:eek::eek: yes as TU said it itself, "something is wrong" LOL

Just saved them again...opened up TU and then plugged iP4 in and a windows firewall message popped up-I set to allow. Maybe that was the issue earlier.

Anyway looks good

10/12/2010 20:51:34.204 Processing SHSH Request... 10/12/2010 20:51:34.213 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPhone4 4.1 (8B117)... 10/12/2010 20:51:56.466 SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 10/12/2010 20:51:56.474 You have saved your SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version. 10/12/2010 20:51:56.498 Caching shsh files... 10/12/2010 20:51:56.504 Found [2] shsh files to cache... 10/12/2010 20:51:56.580 Cached [2] shsh files

Bdubb

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
Ok now I feel embarrassed, I was always on top of things: Making sure my iPhone is always unlockable just in case I need to travel overseas or sell it...

But having a 3 year contract with ROGERS phone carrier, I got careless last night and did a stock upgrade to 4.1 & 2.10.04 baseband from 4.0.1 & 01.59.XX baseband...

So now what? I always like to keep my phone "Unlock ready" even if I don't need to unlock it right away.

So what are the chances of a 2.10.04 Unlock anytime soon?

It's worth to mention that I have my 4.0.1 SSH blobs on Cydia.

But does any of that even matter now that I am on the latest baseband?(02.10.04)

Can someone please give me some insight on this, thanks.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
I always get this message..but just ignore it and run thru the process and TU says my blobs are saved. Do I need to be worried? :confused:

This problem won't stop you from saving your SHSH.

It will stop you from using TinyUmbrella to downgrade.

Set845

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc and right click on the hosts file then choose properties. In the Attributes section uncheck Read-only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.