Tiny Umbrella help por favor

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jshoebox, Jun 3, 2012.

1. jshoebox macrumors newbie

I downloaded and started tiny umbrella, and I have a couple questions or(?) problems:

1. My i Phone shows up 2x in the connected device field on the left. I only have one iPhone, and its only connected 1 time. What is this?

2. the first thing that pops up is a warning that "request SHSH from Cydia is set, which may cause problems..." it asks me to change this setting in the advanced tab and click apply changes. Theres a big bold warning NOT to modify the settings unless you know what you are doing (I clearly do not) so should I modify it or not?

3. I clicked the save SHSH button and I get a whole bunch of 06/03/2012 10:09:24.061 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4S 5.1 (9B179) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE. it lists this about 10 times - and I did it for each of the "two" connected devices - each time it lists it the number in parentheses changes, but nothing else. What does this mean? the Jailbreak how to says it will take tiny umbrella time - but this is done in a matter of seconds and there is NO confirmation that anything was successful?

4. I assume that I'm doing something wrong, but I am out of my depth here and don't want to accidentally start breaking stuff (like the mac or iPhone). Please help - I want to do this so I learn, but I have extremely limited skills here...

2. jshoebox thread starter macrumors newbie

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I would re-download and re-install TinyUmbrella

Unplug the phone, Right click on the device(s) in the left panel and delete them
    Plug the phone back in and see if you get 2 devices again. If you do, I have no idea why.

To save 5.1.1 hashes, uncheck the request hashes from Cydia. After saving this hash, you can recheck the box to see if Cydia has any older hashes saved for your device.

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

1: That is strange, no clue, but hopefully harmless

2: You should follow the program's advise and unclick that one so only "Save ALL available SHSHs" is selected.

3: Tinyumbrella for some strange reason tries to download SHSHs for almost every version of iOS that ever existed, and will give the warning you mentioned for each version that Apple is no longer signing. A few green notes about success should be among them. Just ignore the warnings. And yes, it is usually very fast (but depending on the Internet there could be occasional delays).

4: I don't think you are doing anything wrong. TinyUmbrella is a very useful program, but the user interface could be improved :D

The sign of success is that something appears in the "All saved SHSHs" on the "General" screen.

5. jshoebox thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

While the device shows up more than once (sometimes) i was able to back up .shsh blobs for the phone.

Thank you both for he advice - much appreciated, and it allowed me to jail break my device

gracias