Tiny Umbrella only shows 4.3 as latest available blob?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 4nortons, Apr 16, 2011.

1. 4nortons macrumors newbie

This morning I downloaded the latest version of TU to try and save the 4.3.2 blob. I have Cydia automatically save blobs too and Cydia is showing my latest blob available is 4.3, not 4.3.1 or 4.3.2. So it looks like "make my life easier" did not save the 4.3.1 blob? And the 4.3.2 blob is not available?

If TU is showing only 4.3, does that mean that I can't JB to 4.3.1?

Thanks for any replys.

2. budgynana, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

budgynana macrumors member

TU only supports up to the firmware Apple that are signing upon its release.

Basically... if you get the latest TU, which was released for 4.3.1, it will only get the 4.3.1 blobs if Apple are still signing it, which they aren't. 4.3.2 has been released so there's no way to get older blobs and TU has not been updated to get 4.3.2 blobs yet.

Sorry to say but I think you mistakenly assumed Cydia would automatically save every blob for you. I don't think it does.

I think the option in Cydia only works once, and you have to manually use TU after that.

Edit:

Cydia is slow to show latest blobs. I have up to 4.3.1 in TU but it doesn't show in Cydia.

3. 4nortons thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks. Looks like I may be able to JB at 4.3.2 pretty soon so it's probably not as big a blunder as I thought I had made.

4. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

You can try iSHSHit from cydia, mine 4.3.2 are saved.

5. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

"Make my life easier" is not working on the iPhone 4 that I got from my brother. He purchased it in late Nov. after the 4.2 came out. He JB and clicked on "Make my life easier".

Cydia saves 4.2.1 but nothing after that. I just ran TU about 2-3 weeks ago before I got the Gevey SIM and TU shows I don't have SHSH saved for 4.3, 4.2b3, 4.3b1, 4.3b2, 4.3b3. I only have 4.3.1 saved b/c I ran the TU.

6. labman, Apr 16, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Here is mine. Since I selected Make it easy it has simply been easy. Btw I still use TU as well as a backup.

[​IMG]

7. budgynana, Apr 16, 2011

budgynana macrumors member

Just done a bit of research and it looks like Cydia "used" to automatically save blobs but it got turned off at some point coz it was inundated with new requests. If it's back or not I'm not sure but some people have apparently had their newer blobs automatically saved for them. I've always been manually using TU I wouldn't know if mine were automatically saved.

Because Cydia is slow to process them I guess you wouldn't know for a while so personally although I'm sure it is doing it's job I wouldn't assume Cydia is automatically doing anything for you. It's not difficult to manually do it if you can remember to do it in time. And you get the added bonus of having them locally instantly in case you need to restore.

Edit:

Apparently Cydia will only guarantee to store the latest jailbreakable blobs for your device so at the moment that would be 4.3.1. I don't know if Saurik is purging older blobs at the moment but there is always the possibility so grab them for yourself whilst you can.

Look here for more info.

Sorry guys for spreading wrong info initially, but after seeing that link I guess my warning about manual saving still stands.