Tiny Umbrella question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Feb 11, 2011.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

I purchased my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0.1 last summer, and accidently updated to 4.2.1 without having my SHSH saved. So basically, I couldn't go back.

Today, I decided to save my current shsh for 4.2.1, incase anything like that happens in the future. I dl'ed tinyumbrella and clicked "Save SHSH".

I then checked the log file and saw this:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4817/84361687.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4179/53814266.jpg

I'm just a little confused. It mentions 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2 beta's, etc, none of which i've ever installed. But I noticed it also mentions 4.0.1 on there. Does that mean I can go back to it???

Sorry for any confusion

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

yep, that means you CAN go back. Although you have never been on those firmwares. if you have ever click make my life easier in cydia. Cydia will automatically get your keys for that device everytime a new firmware comes out.. So yes, you can downgrade!

3. iluvifone, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011

iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

how can i go back to 4.0.1?!?!?!?! I spent endless hours on this forum and google when i updated to 4.2.1 trying to find a way to go back to 4.0.1 but i couldn't!!!!!!!!

edit: HOLY SH*TT!!!!! i googled a little bit just now, and it said when you open Cydia, it lists all your Saved SHSH's at the top.. i have everything INCLUDING 4.0.1!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now i'm on a quest to find a suitable guide/tutorial for a safe downgrade! Anyone with experience have any links in mind that they can share?

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Maybe you should go to the hacks section and you'll find your answer there

5. elan123 macrumors 6502

Wow......

6. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Lol heres the guide.. Not hard at all...

Make sure you have the firmware downloaded that you want installed.. Make sure you know its location

Next.. start tinyumbrella.. (if it doesnt start make sure skype is not running, and if on a mac that you dont have anything sharing under preferances/sharing)

Then click start TSS server..
    Go to itunes.. then if on a mac hold option key then click restore, on a pc hold shift key and then click restore..

Navigate to the firmware.. click ok or open..

When it gets done. itunes is going to giver you an error code. Probably 1004.. But it could also be 5 other error codes.. No worries.. Go back to tinyumbrella. Click kick iPhone out of recover.. Your phone will boot up.. Stop the TSS server.. And you have succesfully downgraded