Tiny Umbrella v. iSHSHit .. are they both needed?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mdlooker, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I've been using Tiny Umbrella to save my shsh's since 4.0. I thought that's all I needed to do incase I ever wanted to restore to a firmware version within my list of blob's. Now that I've been reading through threads I see people referring to ishsh in Cydia.

Do I need both? Thanks in advance for educating me.

2. iFiend macrumors 65816

TU receives regular updates to pull the most current SHSH for your device where as (last I checked) iSHSHit hadn't even been updated to pull 4.3

Plus, what good is an SHSH stored on your device anyway? Don't bother with iSHSHit

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Come on, just the last four letters alone should clue you in on the product.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No you don't need both, you actually don't need any, there are ways to get your SHSH wihtout any software (of source it is 100 times easier to use a software to aid you to get them), all you need is a copy of your SHSHs somewhere. What or how you get them, it is up to you.

You have been using TU, them you are ok, there is nothing else you need.

5. mdlooker thread starter macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I thought I was good with TU but I started to second guess myself when I saw the other talked about. Okay so no iSHSHit needed. Got it thanks.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

I'm sure that you have your SHSH backed up in Cydia as well? Between that and having them locally on your machine you're good to go. No need to add another way.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Beat me to it.