Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Has anyone else who plays Tiny Wings noticed occasional stutters when playing since updating to iOS 4.3? They usually happen 5 times in each game, and given that Tiny Wings is relying upon pin-point accuracy of sliding on hills, a stutter just before trying to get a perfect slide screws it all up!

This never happened on iOS 4.2.1, so I'm guessing iOS 4.3 is the culprit? Either that or Tiny Wings needs to be updated.

Nevertheless, I am addicted to this game (makes the commutes to work fly in), and the game is frustrating enough without slight stutters here and there screwing up a high score run!

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I haven't noticed any stuttering other than at the beginning of Island 5. It's been there since 4.2.1. I wish the dev would fix it.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Ah yeah, the stutter at the start of island 5 does my head in, it's near impossible to continue fever mode or get a perfect slide because of it!

critic81

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
Massachusetts
I totally get the stutter at the beginning of island 5 but I still managed to become a master of tiny wings!

9a1c56cf.jpg

It's such a great game! Hopefully there will be a Tiny Wings 2 coming out.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I totally get the stutter at the beginning of island 5 but I still managed to become a master of tiny wings!

9a1c56cf.jpg

It's such a great game! Hopefully there will be a Tiny Wings 2 coming out.

What level multiplier do you have to get to get that? I'm up to 24x.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I'm a Tiny Wings master too. I love the game. The stutter at the beginning of Island 5 is annoying, but you can overcome it, just per persistent.

But, to answer the OP's question; yes, I have been seeing a lot more stuttering with TWs since 4.3. In fact, 4.3 have slowed down my whole iPhone 4 considerably. Safari is still not faster than iCab Mobile and my camera app still takes 11 seconds to load.

Scrumper

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2010
Great Britain
It isn't just Tiny Wings. Since updating to iOS 4.3 my iPod Touch has been really sluggish and stuttery whatever I'm doing on it. Even just going from app screen to home screen or vice-versa, it hesitates and judders like I'm asking it to change the world. My iTouch used to be so zippy and smooth, now it feels like it's running Windows! I'm not impressed. :(

ImStrapped

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2011
They released a new update for Tiny Wings today i believe, it should fix the issues, and now a new nest added as well. Grab it asap!

FlyRobDog

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
i have Tiny Wings on my iPod TOuch 4th Gen, iOS 4.2.1

it stutters there too.. just a bit after you finish an island..
i never noticed it before until you guys mentioned it in this thread..

i have not downloaded the new update..so it may be fixed..

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
The Tiny Wings update has fixed it, thankfully. There is the occasional stutter, but I have yet to get a stutter before I'm about to land, which is what annoyed me most! Happy I can play this, and there's a new nest in the update too.

Is it just me or is the timer for fever mode incredibly slow? Maybe it just looks that way, but I'm sure 1 second is more like 1.5 seconds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.