Tiny XP via VMware Fusion Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 08mxkfx, Jan 4, 2009.

1. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

I installed tiny xp in my alu macbook using bootcamp and then installed all the driver form the disc that came with my macbook but when i open my bootcamp partion with vmware fusion i keep getting a box that says new hardware found and its for PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge. If i click install software automatically it says it installed correctly but the second i close the box and new one pops up saying the exact same thing. But the thing is that if i use windows through bootcamp i dont get the box. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to stop popping up?

2. finnschi macrumors 6502

3. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

what number install did you do? it runs fine for me except that window keeps coming up.

4. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

5. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

its a 400mb version of windows xp. They cut all the useless stuff like internet explorer, outlook express, all unneeded drivers and alot of other stuff. Just do a search in google and you will find out about it. There is also a tiny vista version too.

6. finnschi macrumors 6502

You isntalled Vmware tools right? :confused: then it Should be fine... I'll try booting it up with vmware...