tinytss umbrella help please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by navigates, Nov 1, 2009.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

I had the ECID and the 3.0 ECID stored on Cydia so I decided to save my latest 3.1 blobs locally and at the same time save the 3.0 blobs from cydia. The extract of the blobs from cydia and the apple server downloaded fine.

so i decided to test the restore and changed the localhost file to point locally and started the server as per instructions with the exact filename.

I start itunes and do a shift restore and the restore fails to start with an unknown error. Can someone help.
    I then moved on and changed the hosts to point to cydia's server and the restores goes fine. What is different that cydia does that tinytss/umbrella does not?

I've also tried this on another system with the exact same results. Can someone help. The extracted blob also shows 'Success' in the extracted shshSTATUS=0&MESSAGE=SUCCESS&

2. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hasn't anyone else faced this problem. Can someone please point as to where am I going wrong?

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

4. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

I still haven't got it to work. I've saved 3.1.2 blobs and tried restoring it with 3.1.2 blobs and get the same error after verifying with apple/Local server.

I downgraded my java to 1.5 from 1.6 to see if that helps but still no luck. Has anyone tried TinyTss work around.