Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soundwarp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
i keep having the issue with updating where i try to do it and before it starts i get 3002 no matter what i do and yes i am clicking Restore.

savior1974

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2009
Riverside Ca
i keep having the issue with updating where i try to do it and before it starts i get 3002 no matter what i do and yes i am clicking Restore.

You have to save the SHSH files for 4.1 before you can do an upgrade with Tiny Umbrella.

Click on advanced settings, in the device/version box, select iPhone 4 4.1, then click Save my SHSH.

Then proceed

Ktdhc

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
tinyumbrella <3

Fixed my phone just like that after I spent hours screaming at 1604 1004 errors

But in the future though, will I keep having this issue where I update the phone and it keeps going back to recovery mode giving me 1604 errors, even though the update was successfully done? Should I have it checked out at the Apple Store?

berrytarts

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
@ktdhc

On a specific tutorial(i can't remember which), it said the the 1004/1604 error is normal, yes you will get it most of the time. Notice how i said most instead of all, cause I'm not sure whether/I can't confirm that it happens all the time. So yeah, just use the 'kick device out of recovery' button when the restores done, its perfectly normal:)

-lawrence

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.