TinyUmbrella (and PdaNet) not detecting iPhone

Iantuition

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Basically what the title says.
I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.3.5, tethered jailbroken.
Windows recognizes it.
iTunes recognizes it.
But TinyUmbrella and PdaNet desktop do not. Both are the most recent releases.

I opened TU on another computer, and it detected the device, saved the SHSH and all, but that's not my computer so that doesn't help me much.
Before this, I had a 3GS with 4.3.3 untethered, but the earpiece stopped working, so Apple replaced it (and now I can't downgrade... THANKS, APPLE). But it wasn't recognized either. So clearly, it's a problem on my laptop.

Does anyone know what's wrong? I really would like to just be able to use my programs. -_-

Iantuition

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Do you have the newest Java installed

And why the hard to read red font
No wonder no one has responded
Yes, I just went and checked. It's always asking me to update anyway.

It's hard to read? I didn't know, I post in orange on every forum... but the font is usually [even] bigger.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Yes, I just went and checked. It's always asking me to update anyway.

It's hard to read? I didn't know, I post in orange on every forum... but the font is usually [even] bigger.
It happened to me previously. What I did was to delete TU completely from my PC, then re-install it and put it on the desktop and it works fine.

Iantuition

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
It happened to me previously. What I did was to delete TU completely from my PC, then re-install it and put it on the desktop and it works fine.
Hmm. How do you delete it completely? It just runs from an .exe on my laptop (Windows 7).

Iantuition

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
...nope. Still doesn't work. Not even when I put in the ECID manually. Deleted all TUs, and a log file. Is there something else to delete I'm missing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.