Tinyumbrella question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Can u use tiny umbrella while ur phone is jailbroken to save 4.0.1 blobs?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes.

3. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

One more question because I'd like to fully understand...the only way someone can lose jailbreak is if they are forced to upgrade to have phone serviced by apple and never saved 4.0 or 4.0.1. Is that correct?

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

No. You can click restore if you want to get rid of the JB. But, if you dont have a blob saved and want to downgrade to a jailbreakable firmware (due to something stupid you did) youre screwed.

5. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok so as long as u have 4.0 or 4.0.1 saved through tiny umbrella ur good, thanks for the info....don't wanna lose this great tool :)

6. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

7. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im no expert but ill explain the best i can....Tiny Umbrella is a program from someone in the Dev team i believe that allows you to save your iphone blobs so that if you ever accidently upgrade to a version that is not jailbreakable you can downgrade to a version u have saved through tiny umbrella. you can currently save 4.0.1 so i suggest searching google and finding the program and saving them. Its really easy to use, you just hook your phone up and hit one button.

Question....I have 4.0 saved and now i am jailbroken on 4.0.1.....I cant seem to save my 4.0.1 blobs as it is giving me an error message.....has anyone saved blobs off a jailbroken iphone and if so do you do anything differently?

8. Kayan macrumors 6502

The guy that made TU is not in the Dev Team. I answered your question in te other thread.

9. micp2912 macrumors newbie

help

hey can anyone help, i cant save my shsh in umbrella. I keep getting the http error 502, check your firewall. fire wall is down. what do i do? ive tried on mac and windows. same error for both.

10. micp2912 macrumors newbie

ok after doing it 15 times it finally said "successful" but now i cant find the files on my computer. the "click here to open " link does nothing. anyone have this problem? how can you confirm that this went threw?