Tinyumbrella/restore question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tallulahc, Apr 9, 2011.

1. tallulahc macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I need someone to help me out. Last night, someone erased all my data from my iphone4 - it has been jailbroken with greenpoison- and I tried to restore to factory settings but it keeps telling me an error has occured (1013) that I can't. How do I fix it?

for those inquisitive minds, an ex wanted to talk and after a horrid convo and stupidly leaving my phone on a bathroom break at a restaurant, he left me with a bill and an iphone that's broken. T_T

thnx for all the help.

p.s. I did save my firmware with tinyumbrella.

I have opened tinyumbrella and clicked START THE TSS SERVER then I hit RESTORE on Itunes to restore my phone and it didn't restore. The START THE TSS SERVER is still ongoing. I'm at a loss here. Please help.

2. drummr macrumors regular

What are you using Tinyumbrella for? Are you trying to use an older firmware or preserve a baseband?

3. tallulahc thread starter macrumors newbie

frustrated

I just really want to restore it. I don't really care what BB or Version it is at this point. :( I have tried restoring without using Tinyumbrella but it still did not restore. My version was 4.2.1 prior to this happening but at this point I would rather have it restored to original settings now. Sigh. I'm incredibly angry at myself right now.

4. drummr macrumors regular

In that case just skip tinyumbrella and resore in iTunes. Go into tinyubrellas advanced setting and uncheck "Set hosts to Cydia on Exit" and close tinyumbrella and see if that works.

5. tallulahc thread starter macrumors newbie

I love you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you so much. So much for a phone now. It was an unlocked phone and now I'm out without one.

The screen now shows that it wants a sim card but my SIM, I don't think will work with this, right?

6. drummr macrumors regular

Eh, your phone isn't unlocked anymore, so it won't take any unofficial sims.

7. tallulahc thread starter macrumors newbie

He really did screw me. Thank you so much for what you did. :)

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you had bothered to say that your phone was software unlocked, we could've helped you with that.