TinyUmbrella stuck on TSS SERVER....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iag48, Nov 3, 2010.

1. iag48 macrumors regular

Little problem here...I have an unlocked iPhone4 on 4.0.1 that I want to upgrade to 4.1 without changing my baseband. I ran TinyUmbrella and it says it saved the SHSH but its stuck on "STOP TSS SERVER" with the circulating animation.
    What should I do?

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Are you in the middle of upgrade to 4.1 or did you just save the SHSH's? You can kill TU and restart it and you should be fine. Follow the iclarified instructions or the Tiny Umbrella instructions to the T and you shouldn't have issues.

Good luck!

3. iag48, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010

iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

I rebooted both macbook and the iPhone and still no progress. I'm also getting conflicting reports regarding the saving of the SHSH.

Doesn't the Pwnage program allow me to upgrade without changing the baseband?

Attached Files:

4. ulbador, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010

ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I think you are a bit confused as to what this actually does.

Starting the TSS server actually runs a little web server on your computer that runs until you stop it. This means it is an ON/OFF switch, not a run-until-it-is-done. This also means to use it, TinyUmbrella must be running and the TSS server must be running through the whole restore process.

Once the TSS server is running, you must restore using iTunes. The TSS server just simplifies a few of the steps required to restore a none-signed firmware.

You are mixing and meshing (badly) a whole bunch of unrelated instructions. Apple is still signing 4.1, so you only need TinyUmbrella to restore on an IP4 to preserve the baseband. PwnageTool effectively does this for you, so you wouldn't need TinyUmbrella.

Basically, I think what you are trying to accomplish is this:

Startup TinyUmbrella
    Run TSS Server
    Upgrade in iTunes to 4.1
    After it goes through the restore progress bar once and asks you to restore again, click "Kick out of recovery" or whatever
    Rejailbreak via greenpoison or limerain
    Profit.

This will upgrade an IP4 without upgrading the baseband.

The alternative (and probably safer way to accomplish this) is to just download PwnageTool and skip the TinyUmbrella step all together.

As a point of curiosity, does using PwnageTool hacktivate? I used the TU/greenpoison method to upgrade to 4.1...

5. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help. I used pwnage tool and it worked fine except a new problem has occurred. I have no option to turn off/on facetime. I set the phone as "new" and I think that may have screwed up facetime.

I spent an hour searching for a fix but no luck, I still do not have the option to turn on or off facetime.

Thanks for taking your time to write the instructions.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Pwnage hacktivates. Of course, it works for AT&T users too.