TinyUmbrella updated to support 4.3.2/4.2.7 and warning

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Dav1, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Dav1 macrumors 6502

TinyUmbrella is now updated to support 4.3.2 / 4.2.7 iOS versions. He has also added a simple feature to allow you to 'Visit Blog' when updates are available.

OK so it looks like Cydia is giving up the ghost and having some major issues. So you may want to save your SHSH from APPLE directly instead of CYDIA (the default) go into Advanced options and UNCHECK the box that clearly says: "Request SHSH From Cydia" then click 'Apply Changes' then select your device then click 'Save SHSH'

Note to keep Cydia from trashing your saved SHSH I suggest changing the location you save to as well at this point.....

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

:confused: Why would you think that? Cydia is just having trouble retrieving and/or passing on the SHSH, and in any case, there's no way for Cydia to access your hard drive...

3. Dav1 thread starter macrumors 6502

The scope of your knowledge is truly amazing...

TinyUmbrella was the topic here, and as configured on installation TinyUmbrella try's to get your SHSH Blobgs from Cydia....
    If Cydia is having trouble getting or retrieving SHSH blobs, and gives TinyUmbrella a bad value you have problems..... If that bad blob happens to just be a wrong blob, some versions of TinyUmbrella "update" bye bye working blob.... TinyUmbrella has no way to verify working blobs... Only the newest can be verify against Apple.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ok, I now understand your logic, but where did you hear Cydia is giving out bad blobs?

I just find it hard to believe that if this was a possibility, that the author of TU didn't warn us about it.