tip calculator app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by halfmonkey, Feb 15, 2012.

1. halfmonkey macrumors regular

I was wondering if anybody has a tip calculator app they can recommend. Ive been searching the app store and there are a lot of tip apps out there and so far I've found a few that I like but none that I love. I found a basic app but I'm looking for one that can calculate tip before tax, round up or down without going into the setting menu, and maybe even add the ability to account for drinks. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. perpenso, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

perpenso macrumors newbie

So you would like the option to specify the details of your bill but not be required to do so? Want to quickly determine a tip, enter a subtotal and a tip will be calculated?

Or maybe you want to determine the portion of a bill that you are responsible for? Account for items individually? Something that would allow you to optionally specify the percentage of an individual item that you are responsible for, rather than simply split the total? Account for things you buy more than one of, like drinks? For example if you shared an appetizer with three friends, had an entree and two drinks you might want to be able to enter the full price of the appetizer and your percentage of 25, the price of your entree and then the price of your drink and a quantity of 2. Something like that?

Yes calculators exist that do that. Unfortunately I can not mention the one that I wrote since I am using a vendor/developer account and that would violate forum posting rules. I'm hoping saying this much does not violate the rules.

3. Nikh macrumors regular

Probably you would like our Tip'n'Go Tip Calculator (http://itunes.apple.com/app/tipngo-tip-calculator/id373290638?mt=8).
    It is completely free, withour Ads, and seems to have all features needed from Tip Calculator, except separate drinks (however, you can extract drinks price by using '+' and '-' buttons).
    Actually, if you will see any other possible improvements just let us know.

4. kmiloaguilar macrumors newbie

EasyTip! Tip Calculator App

Give a try to my app: EasyTip! - Tip Calculator Free it does what you need, it separates the tip before tax, and also let you round without going to settings.

Settings are also available to set up your preferences, where you choose to have automatic round or to round up or down. Also you can select to tip before tax or just simple don't include tax on display.

Thanks.