Tip for 16gb to 32gb up graders....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chip NoVaMac, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Bought my iPhone 4 back around the 9th of this month.... realized my error for my usage in not going for the 32gb vs the 16gb... over the past week I called ALL of my local Apple Stores asking if they had the 32gb model for sale.... of course I was told no...

I had also been on the hunt for the Magic Trackpad... found a "local" store that had one and was willing to hold it for me. When I asked the VERY helpful Apple associate how I might go about upgrading my 16gb iPhone 4 to the 32gb model.. she told me to bring the packaging in today and "plead" my plight :)

Well guess what? I walked out with the Magic Trackpad AND an upgraded iPhone 4 :D This was AFTER being told by the same gal that they were out of 32gb iPhones... Seems that they have some "hidden" stock for up-graders and "problem" customers IMO

Did ask the Apple associate if I could share my my "find" on this on the MR.... he asked me to keep on the DL (down low)But was OK in sharing it on a store by store basis.....

2. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I kept calling my local stores asking if they had the 32gb model in stock.. of course the answer was no,,, :) LOL

It was only finding a local Apple Store that had the Magic Trackpad available that I engaged the associate in my 30 day problem for my 16gb iPhone 4.. that is when she suggested that I come in with my packaging and "plead" my case....

Promised the associate at the Apple Store today as to not giving the location.... will say that the $3.50 on the Dulles Toll Road and the $2 parking fee was worth it for the staff at this particular Apple Store...

In the end I would be hard to be missed when the "manager" I first met up with told me that I would be able to walk out with an upgraded iPhone 4 - from a 16gb to the 32gb model. Dropped to my knee to pay homage ROFL... The Security Guard came over thinking I dropped something!

He was even more surprised when I gave a hug to to both Apple associates that helped me

3. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I think you can talk for days lol just saying.

4. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Just another retail grunt that loves it when I get good service and want to share the good word and the fun I have in life. :D

5. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

It seems all you have to do is do a little bargaining with the apple store and they'll help you out. My mac mini broke and I had them look at it. Originally it was going to be around $315 (broken logic board) and I talked them down to around $235 (got rid of labor charges) because it was too expensive for me to afford. Then they called me up saying they repaired it and it was going to be $370 because they repaired more than I told them to. ( they replaced the logic board AND ram which was unnecessary) I told them to redo it and call me when its ready. They ended up calling me the next day saying they didnt want to open up my mac mini again because they shouldnt be opened over and over again. So they ended up leaving the extra ram that was replaced in the computer and told me to pick it up free of charge. The pricing went from $315-$235-$370-$0. I couldnt believe it!!!!!

Keep in mind I DONT have a warranty nor do I have apple care. I love the apple store now.