!!!TIP for iPhone encryption backup issue.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mjprox, Jul 23, 2011.

1. mjprox macrumors newbie

Hopefully this may help some people.
    ---
    Earlier, I backed up my phone, then restored it. Unknowingly, iTunes had created an encryption password for my backup files by itself. I was absolutely distressed. I had called the company for tech. support, and no one could offer any assistance, and to be blunt, it was pretty much a kick in the face. I was on the brink of just starting out fresh and was going to register it as a new phone, but then I had a little bit of hope, and decided to try out any passwords I could think of ever using. Come to find out, it was a password I use on a few things, but most importantly, it was used as my laptop password. The same laptop I used when I backed up my phone. Just a tip to all with this problem, try ever darn password you can conjure up, whether it be your Facebook password, e-mail password, Twitter, or especially your laptop/computer password. But don't give up
    ---
    Good luck to all.
    :)

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Good advice! Personally, I've never even had my backups encrypted nor do I know how to do that off the top of my head. :p