Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyCM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I can't help with the ship date or the cost, but here's some good advice if you're dropping around $1,000 on a phone in the next day or two: If you purchase it through Delta's shopping portal (you can look up their Skymiles portal - I'm too lazy), they are offering 4 miles per $1 spent. It's for a very limited time. Normally, it's a 1-mile per $1, so 4-for-$1 is really good. I mean, if you're spending $1,000, wouldn't it be nice to get 4,000 Delta miles for doing a very little extra more? The shopping portal takes you to Apple's site, so you're not buying it from a third party.

No, I do not work with Delta, but I fly them often because they serve the best airline bourbon (Woodford). I took advantage of this deal this morning for a refurb Mac Mini.

Seriously, at least get something extra for your hard earned dollars.

Any other offers like this anyone can share for the group?

-anthony

AnthonyCM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
What you are going to get "extra" is a long wait till you get your phone.

No extra than if you're ordering it direct from Apple. Again, this is just a portal that takes you to Apple's site. For an extra step, you're getting 4-for-1 miles.

Yeah, I ordered my phone at midnight when pre-ordering began so I could get it on release date. However, I put off my Mac Mini because I knew this deal was around the corner.

Just saying that if you haven't ordered a phone for whatever reason might as well get the miles (especially if already a Delta Skymiles member).

Reactions: bchreng

aesc80

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2015
LMAO!!! I love "airline bourbon". Almost as if it's distilled at 39K feet. lol. Wish they have Macallan on those flights, but I digress.

That's a great tip, and yeah - it's all based on priorities. Heck, any credit card nowadays without any perks, or not using a credit card with perks on a purchase this large, is just dead wrong. (Disclaimer: yes, I know - not everyone can have a credit card as such, but lets be honest - if you're paying $1000 for a phone upfront, I'd hope you had your credit in check).

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Tell Delta to stop connecting all their flights through Atlanta and I'd consider flying them...

Reactions: 16Paws

mb2008

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
If you are purchasing anything Apple, Discover is offering 10% back if you use ApplePay IN STORE from 9/19 - 12/31 up to $10,000 in purchases. Not just the Apple store, any IN STORE purchase.

Now, I don't know if you can actually use ApplePay to buy a phone or Mac at the Apple store since they always run the card on big purchases, but I will give it a try on 9/25. Still a good deal for any off the shelf stuff, though.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Except you have to buy an AT&T phone

correct, but still a hell of a deal and the ATT phone is the best one since it is identical to the others but has band 30 (may or may not matter to you today, but it is sure to add $20-$50 in the aftermarket the following year).

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
correct, but still a hell of a deal and the ATT phone is the best one since it is identical to the others but has band 30 (may or may not matter to you today, but it is sure to add $20-$50 in the aftermarket the following year).
Except it is AT&T service :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.