Tip for typing characters not on the keyboard

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davehutch, Oct 19, 2009.

1. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Haven't seen this solution anywhwere else yet so thought I'd post it.
    For characters that are not on the iPhone keyboard, such as ‘ ™ © ® ² ³ ¼ ½ ¾ simply e-mail them to yourself and pick the email up from the iPhone.
    Now you can copy and paste them into your e-mails.
    Copy and paste them into a txt to yourself and you can have them there as well.
    Simples

2. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Bit of a long workaround isn't it for symbols that don't seem to be essential?

3. davehutch thread starter macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Only worth it if you need the characters obviously.
    I have seen a number of posts where people are using the ‘ character in their passwords and specifically need that character, so I guess some people will find it helpful, as no-one has offered any kind of a solution yet.
    It's a "workaround" definitely and it's not like there isn't space on the keyboard for some extra characters, so maybe Apple will add them at some point

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Some people have to criticize. I thought it was a good work around. It'll definitely help when using MR on my iPhone.

5. omerbaker macrumors member

I agree with aggie. It's thinking outside of the box for a solution to a problem that some people may not even be aware of. I'm sure this top can be used for other purposes too. Thanks for the tip.