Tip: Spigen thin fit cover can pop off

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Glene, May 25, 2015.

1. Glene macrumors 6502

So out of the 3 clear, rugged amour and the thin fit covers I bought, the easiest to use is the thin fit that snaps on. But it can snap off too....I looked down at my wrist yesterday and it was gone. No workouts or extreme activities, I just drove my car. So I find it in between the seat and door sill. Yes it was snapped on all the way...Just be aware, I still like it best of all as I have casual and formal situations where I like it on and off quickly.

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

I really dont see how everyones case is popping off, my thin fit has stayed in place for well over 2 weeks, and ive gone running, weight lifting, working, and even banged it against stuff by accident.

3. Glene thread starter macrumors 6502

where did I say EVERYONE'S CASE IS POPPING OFF?

Glad yours is fine....

4. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I've read a lot of reviews where people said theirs popped off easily and often.

5. optoms macrumors newbie

Confirmed by my wife that the case fall off easily. She had just lost hers today on the second day... Mine still intact after more than a week.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I've been personally using one for over a week now (42mm) and it never even came close to popping off on its own. 2cents... I'm sure that if it'll snag on something just right it could come off, but then again it's not a rugged case.

7. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

Check Amazon reviews, for example - it happens.

8. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Calm down killer, i was reffering to all the posts ive read and reviews where its popping off, of course it might help that i have an armorsuit full body protector underneath haha

9. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

That's the way I'm gonna try and do mine.

10. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I'm fan of the translucent Incipio 'ngp' case for my iphone - I'd like to see something similar for the watch.

It should be:
    - as low profile as possible
    - as soft and flexible as possible (like that ngp material)
    - it should have edges higher than the watch face
    - easy on and off
    - translucency a plus!

11. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Only happened to me once when the cufflink on my long-sleeve shirt caught the side of the case and I went to reach for the door. Popped off, but I caught it in mid-air. Rare occurrence, but it can happen.

12. acalandi macrumors newbie

Happened to me, didn't notice it until a couple hours after, it happened while I was working so it was gone. Emailed Spigen and they were kind even to send me a replacement stating it wasn't a normal occurrence for them to pop off.

13. kovey macrumors 6502a

Same here. In the two weeks I've had it, the thing has popped off three times. I wasn't doing anything vigorous. All it takes is something to brush your wrist the wrong way. One time I didn't even know it happened until I looked down and it was gone. I was fortunate enough to find it each time. I'm sure it'll eventually fall off when I'm outside on grass or something and don't hear it hit the floor and it'll be gone for good.

14. ravenfan macrumors member

Mine apparently popped off sometime today and is now gone. I loved my black matte and have a white on order, which I may cancel now. Super bummed.

15. 3square macrumors regular

count me in on this.
    got one for a hiking trip. barely started the hike, notice the damn thing was gone. i guess it popped off while i was putting on my backpack.

don't get it

16. Glene thread starter macrumors 6502

Update on mine , thought maybe it was just the fit on mine, so I got the silver case, two days later it's gone. I'm done ......back to clear silicone case from spigen.

17. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I'd really like one that can easily snap on when I need to do work outside. Guess I'll have to keep waiting until some better companies come out with some bumpers! I'm surprised Apple doesn't sell bumpers for doing sports activities.

18. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Hey guys check out the orzly invisicase and its also in the accessories forum. This maybe the better solution than the spigen thin fit and it looks nice!

19. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

20. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Thanks, that one might be a good short-term solution. I don't really need front protection since I have a sapphire display but maybe just a lip of rubber for impact resistance. Something like a ring that pops around it like the old iPhone bumpers of yore. Something that has some impact resistance (not polycarbonate but like TPU or whatever) and covers the button. Maybe something that wraps around the digital crown on the outside flat edge but still lets you turn it from the top and button. Although honestly I could forgo the digital crown altogether when I'm outside as I think most apps you can just scroll too.

I found this which might work: http://actionproof.com

It's a little pricey but looks decent and looks quite protective. Only thing is it doesn't just snap on, but I'm probably going to need to get a sport band anyway.

This one could also work: http://www.speckproducts.com/apple/apple-watch-cases/apple-watch-42mm-cases/candyshell-fit-apple-watch-42mm-cases/IW-42-CS-FIT.html?dwvar_IW-42-CS-FIT_color=Black%2FSlate%20Grey#start=2

21. Neo1975 macrumors regular

They both look good for total protection whilst doing manual work or sports. But for me personally not suitable for everyday wear. Too big and bulky.

For me one of the reasons I love my  Watch is, it doesn't look big and bulky like other smart watches. It looks like a regular watch in size.

I am the same with my iPhone. I have a very thin clear case on it. Yes, it won't offer as must drop protection as other cases, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

At the end of the day it's a compromise, protection over asthetics.

Buy what suits you best.