Tip to Mac Pro owners about Apple Care

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SDAVE, Sep 14, 2007.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Hey guys, just trying to help anyone with this.

I bought Apple Care for my Mac Pro off ebay (Sealed brand new) for $92 shipped. Registered it, and it went fine. Called Apple to confirm, and it's set. Also if you bought a Cinema Display at the same time as the Mac, this warranty will cover that too.

Check them out, you might get a good deal too. They're usually $99 with Buy It Now, so that's even cheaper than what Apple sells it for ($250 retail, $199 with Student discount).

Check them out for MacBook Pro's too, I think they have ok deals on those as well.

2. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Thanks for the advice. I never quite understood how applecare sold on ebay works. How can extended warranties be sold like that?

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Apple sells Applecare like any other product. It is only activated when you tie the Applecare serial number to the serial number of your Mac or iPod. eBay is THE place to buy Applecare, IMHO.

4. stevo86 macrumors member

I bought my Mac Pro when they were first released... at the time i didn't have the cash to get the apple care, well i probably could have but didn't see it as urgent since i had a year to buy it anyway...

A year is up and i forgot to get it... if i bought it off ebay like this would i be able to register it?

5. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Not anymore. You have to register it before your first year is up