Tip/trick: Forward a "live call"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by krede21, Sep 9, 2010.

1. krede21 macrumors newbie

If you want to forward an ongoing call to another phone and then leave the conversation, here is how to do it:

0) Make a contact e.g. called "Forward" og set the phone number to: 4

1) Call a person / receive a call, and wait for the connection to be established ->

2) Tap "Add Call", choose the contact you want to call, and wait for the connection to be established, then ->

3) Tap "Contacts"

4) Choose the "Forward" contact

5) Tap the phone number (which should be "4").

6) You will now be disconnected and a connection between the two other callers will be established.

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

sounds great but you forgot one important point....as long as they talk your paying with your minutes!!

3. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Couldn't make it work. Nothing happened when I tried to connect to the "4" contact.

4. krede21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah sure, but I have a plan with unlimited minutes, so it's not a major concern to me ;-)

5. krede21 thread starter macrumors newbie

You have to connect to two different callers first and then call "4"...

Hmm, maybe it's a GSM-code only used on certain GSM-networks?!

I'm in Europe (Denmark)..

6. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

USA/AT&T here. I had two active calls, one on hold. I tried to call my "4" contact and all I could do is see my contact, not dial it. Then I merged my two active calls into a conference and tried the "4" contact again, same thing.