TiPb: Next iPhone to come out on October 7th; iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reach9, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Reach9, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011

Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

According to this article on TiPb, the next iPhone will be released in October 7th, with no new iPad until Spring of next year.

It also says that the next iPhone upgrade, will be an "iPhone 4S". I completely disagree with this statement, although a possibility of a iPhone 4S low-cost model makes sense, but based on the normal iPhone upgrade line we should expect a fully redesigned iPhone 5.

I read somewhere Apple has asked suppliers to produce a large amount of iPhone 5s for inventory by the beginning of September (correct me if i'm wrong), and the recent case leaks point to an obvious complete redesign, provided they're genuine. So i'm hoping for a mid to late September release.

I think the iPad 3 in 2012, is a no brainer though.

My question is, what's with the 7th? September 7th was supposed to be the date when Apple releases the iPhone 5, and now that's been debunked.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

October sucks :(

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

That is the biggest POS article I have ever read in my life. The writer doesn't even give a source of this purported release of October 7th. Any one can make something up and say that it's true. The source is the crux that turns ******** into possibility

4. Reach9, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011

Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed, i really hope it releases in September.

My iPhone 3G is greatly affecting my productivity, or should i say, the lack of.

MacRumors has just posted this article in the iOS blog, i suggest all discussions continue there: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1211275

Requesting to close thread

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Which is more credible, No Source or Person Familiar with the Matter?