Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuchichan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Maryland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Anyone else notice that the new MBA is a
little tippy. By this I mean that as you open the lid it seems to want to tip backwards. Of course it won't tip over and once you put your hands on it and start typing it seems fine.

The MBP seems much more stable. Should I be concerned about this?

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Anyone else notice that the new MBA is a
little tippy. By this I mean that as you open the lid it seems to want to tip backwards. Of course it won't tip over and once you put your hands on it and start typing it seems fine.

The MBP seems much more stable. Should I be concerned about this?

The reason why its "tippy" is because of the lightweight. When you open the macbook air the hinges are rigid enough to lift the bottom because of the fact its only 2.9lbs. Your macbook pro has considerably more weight on the bottom to hold it down. Its just life with a macbook air.:rolleyes:

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Yup, my MacBook Air's screen also has a tendency to open to the widest position. I'm not too concerned, but I wonder if it will wear out the hinge faster. A loose hinge is the last thing I want on a laptop. :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.