Tips for opening iPod touch 1st Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JibBobJoe, Feb 6, 2011.

1. JibBobJoe macrumors newbie

Hi there!

I've done plenty of repairs on iPhones, but I have to do something on an iPod touch. The repair should be no problem, but I'm having a real issue getting into the damn thing! :p

I've watched videos and read websites, but I think I must be doing something wrong. I've broken 2 sets of those pry tools and I still can't get it to budge! It looks so easy on the videos. They just run the tool around the outside and the back pops off. I can't even get the tool in between the back and screen. Even tried yanking it off with a suction cup!

Any ideas, or tips on how to get the back off it...without scratching it?

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

If you can, get a wide spatula type thing, plastic so you dont smash the screen, then get a tiny screwdriver as well, get the spatula into the side and carefully (very) use the screwdriver to unclip the clips around the side,

Or you can use the screwdriver to unclip it before trying to lever up the side,
    There are 3 clips on each side, but once you get the middle one, the rest should come easily, start at the bottom and work your way up as the screen is connected at the top

hope I was of some use

3. DraziGuy macrumors member

4. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

When did the iPod become a sony or microsoft device?

5. DraziGuy macrumors member

6. aniketroxx macrumors member

aniketroxx

SONY ha ha lol . No one is on this planet can own apple :D:D

7. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

I think... and I hope he was being sarcastic...