Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

automatickyle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Montana
All,

Can anyone point me to a good document or article that can show me the best way to remote screen share with my mom, who is 2,000 miles away? I would like to be able to control her mac remotely and see her screen so I can teach her some things on using her computer and help organize some of her files. I have been using the google machine, but I am coming up with several different options. Wasn't sure what the best one is for this specific example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kyle

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I have used iChat in the past, which is now iMessage.

I took a long break, many years from using it, and tried recently and had many problems getting it to work.

My wife works part time on Saturday's in a different county and didn't know how to set up a new printer. I figured I would just set it up remotely using screen sharing, but it wouldn't work at first.

I could always get it working at home, but it didn't work when she was at her office.

I am still not sure what the exact problem was, but I think it was corrected by merging her contacts of me together. She had multiple contacts of me, and she happen to tell me. I asked her to merged them together and screen sharing started to work.

I never had issues like this in the past, but like most things with Apple today, it doesn't always "just work" anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.