Price Advice Tips for selling MacBookPro5,4 Model

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacBenPro, Dec 16, 2011.

1. MacBenPro, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011

MacBenPro macrumors newbie

Well I bought the machine new in early 2010. The only reason I'm selling is because I really can't handle the integrated graphics anymore, play some games on bootcamp sometimes and just doesn't cut it as you can imagine. There is a weird thing with the cd drive, sometimes it wants to vibrate a bit when I put a cd in, though it has always worked that vibration does make me wonder sometimes. Not sure whether that is something I should fix before I sell or if it isn't a big deal. Finally the specs are:

Anti-Glare Screen
    2.53 Ghz Core 2 Duo
    4 GB Ram
    320 Gb 7200 RPM Hard Drive
    Nvidia Geforce 9400m Integrated Graphics (up to 256mb of VRAM)
    Running OS X 10.6.8 - also have Office 2008 for Mac on here

I've looked around and haven't seen one quite like what I have and am having a hard time figuring out a price, or where to even sell it for that matter. Some advice would be much appreciated. My tentative plan is to sell this, buy a relatively inexpensive pc (arg!) and wait for the mid 2012 (or so) release or refresh of the macbook pro. Thanks for the feedback.

*NOTE - I am only soliciting selling ADVICE and tips, not trying to sell through Macrumors forums in any way.

2. bigeasy_uk, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

bigeasy_uk macrumors 6502

I'm quite surprised this model only has the 9400, my late 2008 model has a 9600gt as well as the 9400, It seems a bit backwards of apple to reduce the graphics capabilities on a later model.