Tips for someone who wants to learn CSS?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by munson, Feb 18, 2009.

1. munson macrumors 6502

munson

So, I've been keeping a pretty regular blog on Wordpress for about six months now, and I think I'm ready to take the leap into getting my own domain, and to use a new layout unique to my blog.

The problem is, I don't actually know CSS. I looked around the internet, but couldn't really find anywhere to start to learn that made any sense to me. I know a fair amount of HTML, but the whole 'meta' business is still a bit foreign.

So, anyone have any advice on how/where to start, or what specific things I need to know before I jump into learning CSS?

(Note, if anyone wants to check out the blog, or actually help me make a CSS stylesheet -- nothign fancy, don't worry -- you can see the link below for the specifics.)

2. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

htmldog's CSS tutorials are a good place to start; The cool thing is that they teach CSS in conjunction with HTML. That's where I first started to learn it; it's pretty easy to understand once you get the hang of it.

www.htmldog.com

Hope that helps.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Take a browse through the stickies. They list several good web sites for learning things like CSS.