Tips on giving up unlimited ATT iPad plan?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pjny, Sep 12, 2015.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 for work, a personal 5s(unlimited), just ordered 6s+, have a work 4g hotspot, and have a iPad Mini retina with 4g unlimited. I have had the iPad plan since 2010 and lately haven't been using the iPad 4g since I leave it at home and the 6 is big enough.

What is the best method of giving up the unlimited? I heard some people give away the plan for those who might be willing to pay a little fee. I don't think that's aboveboard, though.

For $29 it is a great deal for unlimited. Should I give it up?

2. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

just keep in mind that this plan is worth 1k+ on eBay, and this is the ONLY truly UNLIMITED plan, you can even use it as your home internet

3. zlogs macrumors member

Never give that plan up unless you sell it. He is right, the plans do go for upwards of 2k on eBay.

4. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I think I will keep it. I've needed it at times. In case I change my mind in the future what is the secure protocol for transferring a plan to another person? I saw an ebay seller who wanted your verified pay pal address to mail the password to following payment. What are the risks and liablities involved in such transfer? Is the plan still under my name if I transfer to another person or is the name the same and payment is just using another credit card?

Thanks.

5. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Ive not done it, but investigated the ebay deals and look up and up. Search MacRumors there are several threads about it. But yeah, just keep it. It can be sold for 2 grand and transfered without att raising an eyebrow.

6. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

I've bought one from eBay
    This plan is prepaid, so not "name specific". It's under a email/password login in.
    So what you do is, most importantly, give him your logins, then he change it into his, update credit card info, and then it's done.
    But, it's better for you to mail him the SIM card, so he doesn't have to contact Att yo get a new one, but like I said, the important thing is the login.

Btw, in case you wanna sell, could you please email me the price you have? Kinda interested in getting another one. Email would be fine. It's garyleecn@me.com