Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colev1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Canada
I bought a screen protector today made by case-mate, it came In a pack of two. The guy at the store put it on for me with no bubbles and I still have the other one in the box, I noticed right away that it made the screen quite blurry and almost oily looking, just wondering if anyone knows how to fix that.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
I bought a screen protector today made by case-mate, it came In a pack of two. The guy at the store put it on for me with no bubbles and I still have the other one in the box, I noticed right away that it made the screen quite blurry and almost oily looking, just wondering if anyone knows how to fix that.

Get a better quality screen protector. It is what it is.

Colev1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Canada
Sounds like you have an anti-glare one on. There's no way to fix it.

Yes on the box it says anti glare and it does do that there is little to no glare but some clarity is lost. I notice the blurryness or oil looking affect on light coloured screens the most

joec1101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So Cal, USA
That's typical of anti-glare units. You can get a crystal clear type that won't distort the display, but those typically are fingerprint magnets, so you have to decide which is more important to you.

If you are going to use a screen protector, the best ones out there are the Power Support and the Spigen.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
That's typical of anti-glare units. You can get a crystal clear type that won't distort the display, but those typically are fingerprint magnets, so you have to decide which is more important to you.

Yep. Pretty much pick your poison, which ever type will work out better for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.