Tips to help buy iphone with 8.1.2

DesertBoy83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Hi Macrumors community , I am finally getting a Verizon iphone 6 today! I haven't owned a iphone since the iphone 3G.

With that being said I really want to jailbreak the device and I am hoping to purchase a device this afternoon with 8.1.2. So please help me out and give me a few tips while I impatiently wait for my iphone 6.

Questions I would like to know the answers to:

1. What ios version did your iphone ship with (8.1.2, 8.1.3 ...)?

2. What carrier?

3. Is there anyway to identify the iphones with older firmware ( read barcode or other package indicators without opening the box)?

Thanks!

ap105

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
Well I just picked up a 6 Plus last Friday and it had 8.1.2. Pretty sure theirs no way of knowing what version based off the bar code. Why does that matter? You would just update to the latest, right?

DesertBoy83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Well I just picked up a 6 Plus last Friday and it had 8.1.2. Pretty sure theirs no way of knowing what version based off the bar code. Why does that matter? You would just update to the latest, right?
Thanks for the reply!

I want 8.1.2 because I really want to jailbreak( 8.1.3 is not "jailbreakable" at the moment), it is almost a must have for me. I will honestly consider returning iphone if I do not receive and iphone with 8.1.2.

ap105

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for the reply!

I want 8.1.2 because I really want to jailbreak( 8.1.3 is not "jailbreakable" at the moment), it is almost a must have for me. I will honestly consider returning iphone if I do not receive and iphone with 8.1.2.
Gotcha. I would think if you get the iPhone soon it should come with 8.1.2.

DesertBoy83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
I have it running and jailbroken!

It's all systems go!

Got it from best buy for $129!

Thanks everyone!