Tips to improve battery life on iPhone 6 with latest iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by GonzagaDynasty, Apr 26, 2015.

1. GonzagaDynasty macrumors regular

So I've noticed that my battery life stinks and most of it comes from home and Lock screen.... I do get a lot of notifications and that's my problem but I like those notifications. I'm a big sports fan so I get final score and breaking news notifications for my sports teams and any major news updates. Most of the time though the phone is in my pocket so waking up my display is a huge waste of my battery. Is there any possible way to make it so these breaking news updates will remain in my notifications but instead of waking up my display and wasting battery, they are just there for viewing when I manually wake up the display? If not, does anybody recommend any other solutions? Or am I just out of luck? Thanks for the help

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Switch the sports notifications off and check the sports websites at your leisure.
    You can also set them to be banners and not alerts. Remove them from your lock screen too.

----------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Yeah, turn on do not disturb and that will happen. You can also choose to still allow calls to go through.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, you can disable lock screen notifications for those apps, but that would mean that you wouldn't see them in Notification Center until you unlock the phone (which might not be a big deal with TouchID). You can also use
    some sports app with widgets so that you can just go to Notification Center and see up to date scores that way without notifications (although that mainly works for scores and schedules and not so much for news generally speaking as sports app widgets usually don't have that).