Tired of checking songs in iTunes!

slimfinity

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I searched and found nothing. I figured someone here could help.

Ok, I have an iPhone 4, my daughter has a 3G and my son has an iPod touch. The problem is I will check about 1,500 songs in iTunes I like and put them on my phone. Then my daughter will "select all" then "uncheck selection" then click the songs she likes. Then my my son will do the same thing. So, now if i go back to select or unselect music I have to start from scratch. I'm sure there is an easier way for all of us to select our music than starting from scratch everytime. I thought about making a file with my music in it but then I'd still have to click and drag over 1,000 songs which would take forever. Please tell me an easier way.

I know this would probably fall into an iTunes forum but I didn't see one of those.

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I searched and found nothing. I figured someone here could help.

Ok, I have an iPhone 4, my daughter has a 3G and my son has an iPod touch. The problem is I will check about 1,500 songs in iTunes I like and put them on my phone. Then my daughter will "select all" then "uncheck selection" then click the songs she likes. Then my my son will do the same thing. So, now if i go back to select or unselect music I have to start from scratch. I'm sure there is an easier way for all of us to select our music than starting from scratch everytime. I thought about making a file with my music in it but then I'd still have to click and drag over 1,000 songs which would take forever. Please tell me an easier way.

I know this would probably fall into an iTunes forum but I didn't see one of those.
If your son and daughter take music from your iTunes, then just give them a separate Playlist for each, and set their iPod so it sync their respective playlist only. Their iPod will sync whatever is in their playlist, regardless of uncheck or check.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
make a separate playlist for each of you then when your idevice pops up on the right in itunes go to music and check it to only sync your own playlist, i think thats the easiest way

Hook'Em2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Plano, TX
If your on a PC, you can create different users with your own iTunes songs. That's how I keep brittney spears and nsyc off my iPod and iPhone...

Different PC user accounts that is...

mrtwig

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Playlists

You can make playlists for each person instead selecting the boxes.

Pheelyx

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Brookland, AR
Just create a playlist named for each person. Each person can put the music they like in their own playlist. Then just sync the named playlist to that person's device.

I personally have never unchecked any songs. Don't really like how that works. But I have tons of playlists.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009

dpw84

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
I have always just checked the manually manage music and videos box and then just drag and drop the songs I want onto the iPhone.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Call the playlist dad (your name) son (his name) daughter (her name)

Keep everything separate and it will be ok for everyone to manage there music without interfering with one anothers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.