Tired of checking songs in iTunes!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slimfinity, Jul 28, 2010.

1. slimfinity macrumors member

I searched and found nothing. I figured someone here could help.

Ok, I have an iPhone 4, my daughter has a 3G and my son has an iPod touch. The problem is I will check about 1,500 songs in iTunes I like and put them on my phone. Then my daughter will "select all" then "uncheck selection" then click the songs she likes. Then my my son will do the same thing. So, now if i go back to select or unselect music I have to start from scratch. I'm sure there is an easier way for all of us to select our music than starting from scratch everytime. I thought about making a file with my music in it but then I'd still have to click and drag over 1,000 songs which would take forever. Please tell me an easier way.

I know this would probably fall into an iTunes forum but I didn't see one of those.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

3. SoraLimit macrumors regular

If your son and daughter take music from your iTunes, then just give them a separate Playlist for each, and set their iPod so it sync their respective playlist only. Their iPod will sync whatever is in their playlist, regardless of uncheck or check.

4. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

make a separate playlist for each of you then when your idevice pops up on the right in itunes go to music and check it to only sync your own playlist, i think thats the easiest way

5. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

If your on a PC, you can create different users with your own iTunes songs. That's how I keep brittney spears and nsyc off my iPod and iPhone...

Different PC user accounts that is...

6. mrtwig macrumors newbie

Playlists

You can make playlists for each person instead selecting the boxes.

7. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

Just create a playlist named for each person. Each person can put the music they like in their own playlist. Then just sync the named playlist to that person's device.

I personally have never unchecked any songs. Don't really like how that works. But I have tons of playlists.

8. slimfinity thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!!!

Thanks!!!!!!! I appreciate your help!

9. spades1412 macrumors 6502

10. dpw84 macrumors member

I have always just checked the manually manage music and videos box and then just drag and drop the songs I want onto the iPhone.

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Call the playlist dad (your name) son (his name) daughter (her name)

Keep everything separate and it will be ok for everyone to manage there music without interfering with one anothers :)

12. dgstan macrumors 6502a

No, you should call your playlist "Kick-azz Tunes" and call your kid's "Crummy Music". That's what I do.