Tired of Harrassing Phone Calls...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFC Archer, Feb 13, 2008.

1. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

and want to ignore them. Here is my simple fix. I have a few individuals that like to continously call so I put their information into my contacts list and wallpaper below. I then used audacity to create a "Silent" ringtone...no sound at all for 30 sec. and put that in my custom ringtones. Now when they call, I get a silent ring and a "Do not Answer" wallpaper. Use to your hearts content and enjoy the peace and quiet!

Attached Files:

• DNA.jpg
      DNA.jpg
      File size:
      70.3 KB
      Views:
  2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Don't you gave a do not call list and the ability to make your number private?

Or is this for acquaintances ;)

3. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Since he has the numbers, i'd assume acquaintances, since most telemarketing companies have many numbers to call from.

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Good point. Good idea. You could do this on most phones though.

5. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Thats a good idea. If they leave a Voice Mail and it turns out that it is a valid call you can always add them to your contacts.

I was also thinking that I had seen a way to block calls on the AT&T site but I can't seem to find it now...:confused:

Good idea anyway!

6. SFC Archer thread starter macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

...to answer both of you, it can be used for aquaintances, bill collectors, ex spouses, telelmarketers or anyone that you do not want to talk too that keeps calling. Even Bill Collectors/Telemarketers use computer generated calls that come from the same number and can be added to that contact entry. If they try to call from a different number then add that one to the contact entry as a new number.

Not saying who bothers me as that is not the point of this thread, only that I found a way to "Silence" unwanted phone calls and thought I would share it will the MacRumors Family...If someone does not like what I have posted then...hey...what can I say. Use it if you like, don't if you don't.

7. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I was having the same problem and had done the same thing but it was still annoying me with the numbers cluttering the recents. I finally came up with a better solution. First I got a new free Ringcentral.com number and now only use this number with the only exception of friends and family. I then have the ability to block calls. I then replaced my voicemail greeting with an SIT message for a couple of days( a tone that tells computerized calling machines the number is out of service). So far now I'm only getting the calls I want to.