Tired of the damn Wi-Fi Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soamz, May 18, 2015.

1. soamz macrumors 6502a

Hi, Im on my new office NetGear router Wi-Fi.
    It worked for 2-3 days. Then it connects, but there is no internet.
    While the same works on my iMac.

What could be the reason and how to fix it ?

It works one day and then stops the 2nd day. Tired of this.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Well it's not the computer

It's a networking issue, if it is connecting to the router your computer is fine....

However a reset of the routher might help as can renewing the DHCP lease in network settings.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

But if the imac is working (assuming the iMac is wireless) then it may not be related to the router. I've seen enough threads and complaints about Yosemite and wireless that this issue may be related to that bug.

4. lazydog macrumors 6502a

Hi
    It might be worth checking the signal to noise ratio on your laptop. I say this because on my laptop I had problems with slow and dropped connections. Then when I opened it up (for a different reason... water on the keyboard!) I noticed that one of the wires to the wireless board had come off., but the wire was stiff enough for it to be still touching the pin on the board. I'm not saying this is your problem or that you should open up your laptop etc but it might be something worth considering.

b e n

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

But there is no problem with the wireless card, no hardware problem anyway. Sure it could be a software glitch but millions of people use yosemite everyday (myself included with no problems) indeed his iMac may well be on yosemite too.

If it's a possible Yosemite problem then a reinstall of the OS seems to be in order but I'd look into DHCP issues and router settings before I bothered with that sort of thing...

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The Yosemite forum has many threads/posts on people having wifi issues. Many people are NOT having issues, I'll grant you that, but there are many people who are having issues. It is a bug in 10.10 and apple has yet to address it.
    wifi_issues.png