Tired of Universal Apps not having iCloud support

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by HazyCloud, Apr 12, 2012.

1. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It seems that EA and Rockstar don't even care about iCloud support. IMO, if an app is Universal it should be a requirement to use iCloud data syncing.

If apps like Batman, Infinity Blade II, Sky Gamblers and Scribblenauts can do it, I don't see any reason why others devs refuse to use it. I can't be the only one that feels this way.

2. shotts56 macrumors 6502

Couldn't agree more, it just seems like lazy programming that I have to choose to play a game on one device (iPad or iPhone) and can't transfer it over to the easily.

I didn't buy the new Football Manager app because the dev said quite openly that they thought about iCloud support but decided against it. So I decided against buying their app.

3. HazyCloud thread starter macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Same reasoning here with Max Payne. I'm even mad I bought GTA III since it also doesn't support it. If any games need it, it's definitely GTA and MP. What's sad now is I tend to play games less if they don't support it. I shouldn't have to pick which platform I want to play it on, especially when the devs are giving us "2" copies.

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Ask the developers for iCloud support.

We don't get any requests from our customers for iCloud support...

5. HazyCloud thread starter macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I asked R* for iCloud support for GTA III and never got a response.