Tired of waiting

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mikced76, Jul 26, 2012.

1. mikced76 macrumors newbie

Just wanted to let everyone know how happy I am with my (new) iMac 21,5 basic config that I got today, my local store had them for 990$.

I was also waiting for a refresh and when nothing happend I asked myself what I need the computer for, and it all came down to web surfing, using iLife and iWorks, listening to music and some light gaming and for those tasks the machine is absolutely superb! And such a beauty ;)

I know I could probably have got better specs by waiting a few months for a refresh but really I dont honestly need it.

Mike

2. Harri569 macrumors newbie

Congratulations, I couldn't wait any longer either. Got lots of stuff to do that cant wait. Ordered online this morning!

3. RedCroissant Suspended

I can tell you from my own experience buying one right before a refresh in 2009, that you will still be happy with your decision even if a new one is released after the return date.

The best part of it is that you honestly weighed your options and needs and decided to adjust your purchase for what you would be needing it for, not just for what something has. If more people did that, there would be far fewer "where is the new iMac!" threads and many more satisfied computer owners. Plus, you even saved yourself a couple hundred bucks in the process. Congratulations and have fun with your new iMac.

4. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

5. PaulCostello macrumors member

I bought mine in march, was thinking about waiting...o boy, am i happy i didn't!
    You will absolutely love your mac! gratz

6. vladfein macrumors regular

Would you share the link to your store?
    On the Apple site, the lowest price is $1,199...