Titanium MacOS 9.2 Disc?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UltraNEO*, Sep 25, 2009.

1. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

So.. today I took delivery of the PB Ti G4 867Mhz machine, cosmetically it's perfect apart from a missing foot and a minor dent on the case. However, the former owner didn't supply any software that could allow me to reinstall OS9.2. So... I'm kinda stuck!! :mad:

I do have the original 9.01 (retail) CD and it's 9.2 update but as you know, they won't boot on this machine. it's minimum requirements is 9.2.1. Do anyone know where I can buy 9.2.1 or at least get a copy??? Seems Apple doesn't want to help nor want to supply any outdated software :rolleyes:

Thanks, Apple. *finger*

2. UltraNEO* thread starter macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hmm.... Yeah eBay is interesting but can you confirm those will work on this machine??? Cause I have the Power Mac version of 9.2.1 and it does boot however on execution it'll refuses to actually install.

Why do sellers insist on selling the OS seperate?? It's so f*cking annoying!!!:mad:

3. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Is it on the ADC software downloads?

You have any other restore disc that has the classic System Folder in it. Just install/drag that into the HD.

Ill be at my parents house in a few weeks if you cant get it, ill PM it.

4. UltraNEO* thread starter macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

The only other system in my home with OS9 is the G4 Cube but that's boxed-up somewhere... So transplanting the System folder from that machine to the Ti will be a bit of a hassle. I think in the long run, I'd sooner have a bootable System Disc than rely on another bit of hardware. It'll be absolutely fantastic if you could PM me. :):)

[​IMG]
    I have those for COI but it's still doesn't have the correct version to install.

5. UltraNEO* thread starter macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Finally!!!

I think I found something which appears to be the ISO of Mac OS 9.2.1 US English Retail (tpb)

What's the difference between the US English version and the International English version, anyone?? I know way back then, MacOS isn't like OSX... cause it's all localised! Thus more compact! :)

[edit]Oh that's a complete waste of time. Disappointed, the ISO doesn't boot[edit]

6. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

I know its been a while but I got to go to my house to look for it. Do you still need it?

Attached Files:

7. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Did you burn the ISO to a disk? Also, don't tell people around here that you downloaded it from the interwebz. you'll be crucified.

8. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

why in the world would you want to run OS 9 still?